Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Hot Yoga- Very Hot Sia!
Ever heard of hot yoga? I had a go at it on Monday at Bikram Yoga in Cityhall. Check out their website at http://www.bikramyoga.com/.
I only have a piece of advice for all first timers- VERY HOT SIA!
Wah lau... I must say, it was the most traumatic experience since I started working. Never have I felt so physically challenged. Hot Yoga, as its name suggests, meant doing Yoga in a hot room at 40 degrees celsius. Imagine doing all the "stunts" in a sauna room. Just 15 mins into the class, I felt dizzy and nauseous already. Imagine, the entire class was to last for 90 donkey minutes! *faintz*
Anyway, I did what I could, so as not to waste the walk in rate of $40. Every 5 mins, I would sit down and rested like 10 mins. I only felt that I was breathing and alive through the 10 mins breaks. As soon as I stood up, I started blacking out. Basically, I couldn't even stand properly, not to mention doing any "stunts". Well, I'm not a very flexible person to start off with.
It only adds on to my pain that my instructor spoke with a real strong Indian accent. "Frenchman, Frenchman. Look at the Frenchman. " he spoke. I thought, "Where got Angmoh in my class? Siao ah? Only 4 students mah, 1, 2, 3, 4... all Chinese leh... don't tell me he saw someone whom I didn't see hor..." It was when he frantically pointed to the mirror in front that I realised that,
FRENCHMAN= FRONT MIRROR!
Argh.. as if I pek chek enough. Tamade.
The entire 90 mins was like eternal hell. For the first time in my life, I thought I was going to die (Okie, apart from the ordeal 10 years ago where I was stuck with a 6 hour hill trek with no water). By the time the class ended, I was an entire wreck. Messy hair, dizzy head, overwhelming nauseousness and wobbly legs. What the hell.
Most pathetically, after everything, I failed to lose any weight, did not feel healthier, still couldn't sleep well at night and, now my entire body's aching!
No more hot yoga for me.
1 comment:
Eeeeeeee... who came up w such a stupid idea.. yoga in suana. me will be the first to faint.
Post a Comment