Being a friendly and helpful Aunty, my mummy volunteered as a nanny to her colleague's bunny while the whole family went for a holiday in Australia.
Being the daughter of the friendly and helpful Aunty, I was given the sacred task of ensuring that our guest was well taken care of, because our nice, friendly and helpful Aunty forgot that she has to go to work?
Initially, we wanted to put the 2 bunnies together, (a gentle reminder that I too own, not by any coincidence watsoever, a rabbit.) but, the over-friendliness of dear Rara shoke our little friend a bit.
Me and mummy decided to separate the 2 of them. After all, I don't want risk:
1. having Rara develop any kinda feelings during his short stay here and be left lovelorn when kaypoh Aunty's colleague collects him back later.
2. having our dear cute bunny friend became a victim of rape.
It's not such a good move to separate them, I soon realised. Feeding time became hectic time. Being a hospitable host, I decided to feed our guest first.
Alright, let me see...
Diet: Green vegetables.
Huh? Just green vegetables ah? God, he doesn't take carrots? No pellets? No bananas??? Hmm.. easy to feed sia. I watched him munch up the leaves with great pleasure.. So cute! Per my usual practice for feeding Rara, I wanted to pull out the stalk after he finished the leaves BUT, he went on to munch up all! Including the stalk! Alamak! What a good little boy! No food wastage at all. Totally not like Rara. Her machine gun mouth automatically stops the moment she detects end of leave and beginning of stalk. I'm beginning to like him...
In the midst of feeding our friend, the terror on the other side of the house started protesting. I hear her stampings of her foot, scratching of partitions, and aggressive lifting and dropping of her cage door. Damn. A hungry and jealous rabbit is not to be trifled with.
I quickly shoved one big stalk of vegetables into good little bunny friend's cage and went on to "serve" the little princess. As usual, feeding her was a time consuming and tiring event. You gotta keep your hands still, for she cannot tolerate hovering carrots and vegetables. You can't leave her to eat on her own, for she only eats with family around.
Well, you might think that it's no big deal feeding just 2 rabbits, but what happens if the nice and cute bunny friend's vegetables dropped out of his cage? Shit. I had to soothe and calm my Rara down, run 10-12 metres over to the other side to "recover" the fallen leaves and run all the way back to attend to princess. And just after settling down back with Rara, our bunny friend's vegetable's dropped again! Tamade. I did the thru and fro like "n" times. Boy was I panting and sweating from it all.
That's not all. Our cute little bunny friend took on the characteristics of a domestic rabbit really well. He scringes at the slightest bit of sound and would start hiding in the corner of his cage thereafter. I kept my decibel index at a whole year low point for the entire day. I swear, I almost made it to the Guniness World of Records.
1 comment:
Can tell how spoilt ur rara is wor...
Post a Comment