Recommendation for the week...
AZABU SABO JAPANESE RESTAURANT AT MARINA SQUARE LEVEL 1
(located next to Billy Bombers' and MacDonalds)
I came this restaurant like 3 weeks ago, after a hearty dinner (FYI, all my dinners are hearty) with Piggy. We were exploring the newly opened area of the shopping centre when Piggy commented that there was this restaurant with a lousy name called "SABO". Sabo as in Sabo King, you know. Hahaha. Curiously, we checked it out and...
WOW! The first thing I saw was the ice -kachang like strawberry sundae in the display window... Woooo....
We both stood in front of the display and went like "Oh, I like this!", "This one looks good!", "What's this?", "Next time I come, I wanna order this, this, this and THIS!"
We vowed to try it out one day...
And ta-da! On the day of Munich, we happily prepared (this time, with an empty stomach) for Sabo.
I ordered a minced beef and vegetable rice with omelette soup while Piggy had the teriyaki chicken bento. Wow... the food looks as good as it looks! Piggy commented, though, that the bento was too shallow, so guys, or frens with bigger appetities, you might wanna consider alternatives.
The minced beef and vegetable rice was absolutely delicious, imagine 梅菜扣肉 on rice.... Omelette was em, not that fantastic though. I had expected it to have some kinda filling or watsoever, but nah, just plain omelette in soup.
For dessert, we shared a vanilla ice-cream on sweet potato with green tea. Heavenly... who would have expected that the combination of sweet potato with ice-cream would be so great? Cold, milky vanilla ice-cream on a semi-warm sweet potato croquette, topped with a bit of green tea syrup. An unforgettable experience.
Last but not least, I have to specially say, the lady boss (I speculated she was because she was the only one around not in uniform, serving customers) is a 气质美女! (Soo, take note. Dunno if she's taken though, so good luck!)
Since that visit, I've become addicted to that place. I went back a second time the following week, this time armed with my new baby- Canon IXUS 60! Woohoo~ You all are in luck! Here's what was ordered this time...
MAIN COURSES



DESSERTS


Before anyone starts entertaining wild thoughts, I didn't order all these for myself loh! Went with 2 other pple lah! *Cold stare*
Anyway, I heard from one of my colleagues that this restaurant came from Taiwan. No wonder! (for the fusion between Chinese and Japanese.)
You all gotta check it out! No eat also must go see the 气质美女老板娘...
No comments:
Post a Comment