Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Top Chart: Stairway to Heaven

I've never liked Korean dramas.

1. Too draggy, worse than Qiong2 Yao2.
2. Guys no handsome, gals no pretty. I prefer Japanese honestly.
3. I'm not into romantic stories at all. So boring! And it never happens in real life anyway.

The point is, given a choice, I would choose Vasantham over Korean dramas. But, recently, (perhaps with being deprived of love for too long), I so fell in love with this K drama on Channel U- Stairway to Heaven.

It depicts the old Lao3 Diao4 Ya2 story of how a rich and nice gal suffered in the hands of fate and her evil step mother and sister. As anyone would have predicted, a rich man's son, tall, dark and handsome, falls head over heels in love with this ill-fated female lead. Then, it's drama, drama and more drama. And then, we have tears, tears and more tears.

I've not reached to the end of the story yet, perhaps not even halfway through. But my prediction is, either the tall, dark and handsome male lead or the innocent-looking, frail and sweet-natured female lead contacts cancer and is dying... really soon. Hahaha.. or one of them will die one lah. Or get into a coma or whatever. Something bad sure happen one. K dramas are forever like dat, wait till the last last min of the last last episode then will have nice nice and complete complete (sometimes not complete even) ending. Sure got go Heaven (meaning die) one lah! I bet my fat ass on it. If not name the show "Stairway to Heaven" for nothing meh?

Well, it's draggy... but given the fact that my lousy work schedule only allows me to catch it once a week, pace is just nice sia. I don't feel I'm missing out on any developement at all. Heh.

Male lead is not tall, not dark and not handsome... arghhh... but because I didn't have any high expectations initially, no disappointment at all. Female lead, em... what female lead? Heh heh.

Predictable plot leading to NO excitement? Nah... betting with my Mummy on who's prediction is more accurate is far more nerve wrecking than watching Korea play in World Cup sia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is on my top chart too but frankly speaking, the plot sucks big time.. can u imagine surviving a car knock with a mere amnesia and without any medical treatment?
But not sure why i still watch every week, maybe i am lack of love too.. haha