Monday, July 18, 2005
Red Candy vs Fantastic Four
Oh, here comes the inspiration to write...
I was so deprived of movies that I caught TWO on Saturday! Oh... nice sia...I missed going to cinemas for a movie. My last one was, em.. shucks. It was so bloody long ago dat I can't remember wat was my last moive. Wat lingered on was, I wanted SO MUCH to catch Madagascar but everyone just seemed uninterested or had already watched it. Well, bugger fren showed availability, but I wasn't prepared for another "waste-of-time-nonsense-coz-of-irresponsible-lateness" nonsense.
Back to the movies.
First one was Red Candy, a lousy Japanese horror movie. It was EXACTLY like The Ring, just that this time, instead of a chain video where one would get killed after watching it, it was phone calls. This film had the same series of murder, same sweet gal who kena and had only 3 days to live, same kaypoh reporter who wanted to investigate the case even though it was none of her biz, same spooky gal who was buried alive (just dat this time, it was a coal mine instead of a well.). To reassure me that this sucky film was just the recairnation of The Ring, the sweet young gal under the curse and kaypoh reporter had to venture into the coal mine to dig out the body. Then there was the usual sound effects, where skeletions popped out of nowhere. Just to sum it up, if you watched The Ring, you could give this a miss, even if you watched The Ring and enjoyed it, you can give this a miss too. Bad movie with bad company. Oops, not referring to my fren who good-naturely accompanied me to the show but the wretch who ignitated the fire in me with her "woo, woo, woo, ek, ek, ek..." and finally "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! so scary!!!!!!!" Thanks for scaring the hell outta me. I almost peed in my jeans. Tamade.
Fantastic Four was much much better. Not exactly hilarious, but entertaining enough. Not to mention having Mr. Cute Guy (Human Torch) adding value to the show. Woohoo~ I dunno y, but for angmohs, pretty boys top my list! Supposedly charismatic old men like Bruce Willis, George Clooney & Pierce Brosnan are not my cup of tea, sorrayyyy... It could have been better if other movie patrons were nice and considerate enough not to put their entire feet on the seat in front of them (which was my row). It was "salty-fish" smell all the way sia. Yucks!
Overall, movie desire satisfied.
*Oh, by the way, in case u guys were wondering, dat lousy show was called Red Candy because all victims who died had a red candy in their mouth. Dun ask me y, either the show didn't explain or I didn't get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment