Monday, July 25, 2005
When Enough is Enough
I was trying to find khakis to hang out with on Saturday because it just felt so wasted couching at home like a potato. Besides, it was one of the rare weekends where I didn't have to clear any work during the weekend. I sms-ed several frens, of which one of them happened to be Bugger. She was facing some work problems and told me that she didn't really wanted to come out, for she was afraid dat she might just break down and lose control (as usual). After an hour or so of listening to her work woes, she decided that perhaps, she doesn't really mind meeting me. After all, we could meet at the central near my hse. Alright. Location fixed.
When asked wat time she could make it, she told me that she had a facial appointment at 4pm, so most probably she would meet me ard 6pm. Dat sounded good and because it was quite some time before 6pm, I figured out that perhaps I could leave my hse earlier and shop ard for a while before our stipulated meeting time at 6pm.
At 3.15pm, I was still with her on the phone. Still at her work woes. Well, typical characteristic of Venusians, we talk and talk about the same problem over and over again. I prompted her that perhaps we should talk later and that she should go get ready for her facial appointment. Well, she "yah-yah-ly" told me that the shop was just downstairs her block and she still had time. We talked till 3.30pm.
At 5.15pm, I was all ready to leave my hse. Wanting to take the chance that she might finish her facial earlier and could meet me earlier, I sms-ed her to tell her to let me know when she was ready and was on the bus.
No reply.
K. Perhaps she was in the middle of a facial.
At 6pm (we were supposed to meet at 6, remember?), I called her on her handphone. No ans. I called for about 5 times and there was no ans.
K. Perhaps she was on the bus and couldn't hear her phone ringing. Never mind, she would be able to see the missed calls when she attempts to call me when she reached.
I waited and waited. It was 6.40pm and there was no reply, no call and no news at all.
Now, I'm getting pissed. 40 mins passed and as usual, no decency to even call to say she's late.
I decided that without her, my world doesn't have to stop revolving. I didn't have to shelve my plans for an IRRESPONSIBLE, UNREASONABLE, UNCARING, INSENSITIVE and RUDE piece of being like her.
Anger in me couldn't be appeased though. And poor Weiling had to be bombarded with my yuan-ing:
"I'm damn pissed off with your fren. Supposed to meet her at 6pm and till now she hasn't called me yet. I've really had enough of her nonsense and there is no way I'm going to take this kinda shit from her anymore. "
"I'm not meeting her anymore and now am on my way to do watever I had to do and to buy watever I had to buy. My world doesn't stop revolving because of her. "
"You dun have to reply me. Know u r bz. Just so angry and upset with her that I need to get it out of my chest."
Basically I was storming my way to central. Looking back, I might have looked like Nie Yun in Wind & Cloud (Feng1 Yun2). Killing all who crossed my path with my stares. Hahaha.
My anger reached this month's high when my handphone rang at 7.20pm and it showed, " Cxxxx's hse calling". As I guessed. She was late and still at home. Wanted to ignore her calls but my inner voice was tempting me to pick it up and settle it, once and for all.
Me: Hello.
Cxxxx: Hey, I'm still at home, dunno my facial will take so long.. eh I
Me (not giving her a chance to produce any more non-sensical excuses): I tink it's okie, u dun have to come meet me anymore. K. Bye.
I hung up the phone. Frankly speaking, I never liked the idea of hanging up on someone because it's totally rude. I've done this like only twice on my life time? The only other time was on her too. She didn't show up for an appointment and didn't reply my pages.
I was obviously infuriated.
It was her legendary "consistent-bugging-calls" after dat. I tink I had like, em, 20 missed calls in 10 mins? Do I care? I DO NOT! Not anymore.
I declared war and I'm not going to concede defeat simply because,
I had enough.
Note: Dun try to judge me like I'm some kind of unreasonable piece of shit because I didn't even bother to hear her out. EXTREME late-ness experiences with her beats my buffet records without a feat.
1 comment:
i wld hv said 'enough' too.
Post a Comment