Wednesday, February 08, 2006
My mother discovered a new way to get to Chinatown from the eastern part of our island during one of the gossip sessions with the aunties at work. Last Saturday, she and I enthusiatically tried it out this new service- CT18. Easterners, you all should try it out. Very fast sia, a mere 30 mins from Bedok to Chinatown only! There is a CT8 and CT28 too,all going to Chinatown but I'm not sure where they start from.
Anyway, other than it being fast, what amazes me was, there was a lucky draw during our ride! Rather, it was more like a scratch and win. The bus driver distributed us some application forms and all we had to do was to put down our names and contact numbers. And after that each of us were given ang pows, with prizes inside! Both mummy and I won "1 complimentary ride on Chinatown riders." and we used it on our way back. Tan Teoh!
I believe there is a grand draw too, of which I remember some prizes to be plasma tvs, some pots/ claypots and food vouchers etc. I hope I win the plasma tv!
So people, you can seriously considering this alternative to the MRT the next time you visit Chinatown. Oh, but take note that the lucky draw and ang pow promotion ends in mid Feb. Shucks. Just realised we are already in mid Feb. Never mind. No more bargain or lucky draw chances but at least this new route is saves time.
No comments:
Post a Comment