Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Chinese New Year 2006

Finally, the year of the Doggy is here to replace the reigning Rooster. No more "fan4 tai4 sui4" for me! Well, it's time for me to come out of hibernation and make a name for myself. Keke.

Before I make plans, let me refer to the almanac...

".....romance luck is scarce..."

I thew the almanac away the very next day.

Why should I allow a lifeless object determine my fate and destiny? What's more, I don't even know the author!

Somehow this CNY doesn't feel like the usual CNY at all. I failed to get my Lim Chee Gxxx Bua Gua, Mummy failed to order the "pillow-shaped" pineapple tarts, we didn't have steamboat for reunion and my favourite home-made Ghor Hiang by Granny did not make it in time!!! Argh...

Nevertheless, I still managed to get sore throat and almost over-ate and suffered indigestion(again) in my attempt to close the "emptiness" caused by the missing items above.

Chu1 Yi1 was the usual visiting at both Grannies house. Nothing spectacular.

Met up with ex-shitty hole colleagues at Soo's place during Chu1 Er4. Boy, all are looking good! Those who left really found greener pasture, those who are still there seemed contented with whatever shitty hole has to offer. Good. Contentment brings peace and joy.

Toon finally brought Grace officially to our gatherings. Either he has had enough of my constant nagging or he brought her as a "shield" to my harrassment. Ha. Fatt Choy brought her new boyfriend too. I'm happy she got out of the clutches of the old one and found "spring".

We had quite a couple of rounds of blackjack and I won $39! Shucks. Almanac quite "zhun"-- "Du3 Chang3 De2 Yi4, Qing2 Chang3 Shi1 Yi4..."

No comments: