Sunday, May 22, 2005
Drunkards = Society Hazards
Drunkards should be banned from public transport and quarantined till they are sober, for the benefit of our entire female population in the country.
I had a most terrifying (it was more of frustrating) experience with drunkards yesterday. Was waiting for a bus with Piggy near her place when a dirty old man, who smelt like he was marinated in beer for 3 entire months came to stand beside us, acting suspiciously. He was a Chinese man, in his 50s, standing at approximately 1.7m, dark, with grey hair and blood shot eyes, clad in a light coloured printed shirt with beige colour bermudas and slippers.
This bastard started staring at us. When I say stare, I mean STARE. He was standing at less than a metre away, and he doesn't look a bit like he was waiting for a bus because the direction he was looking at (us) was totally opposite from where the bus would come from. I stared back, fiercely, ready to retaliate with some Hokkien vulgarties.
I turned to look at Piggy and we both looked ard, there were aboout 20 pple at the bus stop, including us. 17 ABNNs, 1 drunk dirty old man and we 2 gals. The situation was to our disadvantage. We decided to take 2 steps away from dat dirty old bastard and observe first.
This bastard followed and took 3 steps nearer to us! Keeping his stares. For a while I feel like we either looked like fairies or aliens, because he never stop staring at us for a second. Dat must have made his blood shot eyes worse. I took out my low-batt handphone and was prepared to call the police when necessary. I even thought of tying him up to the dustbin nearby in case he escapes.
Being the nice, educated gals with class, we decided to give him a chance. We moved to the other side of the bus stop, cramping with the ABNNs. My bus came and damn! He got up the same bus as me! Shit shit shit! It was late and my legs were extremely tired, I couldn't wait for the next bus. Took Piggy's advice and sat at the upper deck because he took the lower deck.
For a while I thought I was safe.
Just 2 bus stops away, danger resurfaced. This time, another drunkard boarded the bus and came up to the upper deck, and guess wat, of all the available spaces on the bus, he chose to sit behind me! I might not have mentioned this to some of u before, but I once had an experience with a molester on a bus in my university days. It was a long bus journey to school and I would often sleep on the bus. There was this time when the bus was empty, as usual, and an old man in his late 40s or early 50s sat behind me. He was pretending to read the newspaper and I never thought anything about it until I felt something touching my back. I opened my eyes and to my horror, I saw this hand from behind, creeping close to the side of my breast!!! I dunno if u pple understand this, if u realise, many pple would lean on the window or rest their arms on the window pane. And this position makes your breasts reachable by the person behind! Provided the person behind is sick like this one lah. I was outraged. I turned and stared at this molester hard in his face and before I could scream at him, he sheepishly looked away and alighted. Damn. I totally regretted not reporting him.
Alright, because of this terrifying experience, I developed a sense of sensitivity whenever I travel alone on a bus. If the person sitting behind me was male, I would make sure I keep my eyes wide open and constantly check if he's trying anything funny. Paranoid u would say, but I never wanna risk my modesty again.
Back to this other drunkard yesterday. I grew suspicious of him because it was like he specially chose to sit behind me. Well well well, it turned out he was another one of those dirty old men who decided to try this old trick at me. Hahaha. Sorray...I ain't no young and innocent gal no more. I challenged him by shifting my entire fat ass to the centre of the seat. Turning ard to check on him every 5 mins. Other people on the bus might see me as a lunatic, but this drunk asshole behind me knew he had met his match. Finally, he gave up and alighted at the bus stop as soon as my bus came out of the expressway. In fact, he got so kan cheong because it was as if he was exposed dat he pressed the bell long before we reached dat bus stop! Heh heh heh heh...
I was safe but it totally ruined my weekend. Feeling still pissed now, I wish all lecherous drunkards and molesters get choked by beer, their lecherous arms maimed, lecherous eyes blinded and become impotent.
Note:
Guy frens: Our country is not as safe as it seems. And your gal-frens (including non-intimate female frens) are not as ugly and unappealling as you thought too. Anyone could become a victim of rape or fall into hands of sick molesters. Don't trade an extra 30 mins of sleep or rest time with the possibility of violation of someone you know. It's not worth it. Always offer to send a gal home when it's late.
Galfrens: Please keep a lookout for molesters on public transport. Learn to protect yourself, if u can't, den get home before 10pm or wear a chasity belt.
2 comments:
Girl, I think you are right to be alert of stranger man sitting beside you on bus. I met once I was on MRT sitting at the corner seat and beside me were 4-5 empty seats. Then this man came and sat beside me (without leaving a space in between), he sat VERY CLOSE (where beside him was empty) and he open his legs until he could touch mine. I stare at him, stood and walked away to another seat, giving a disgusted face. Then the whole cabin people start starring at him (as if he did sth to me). I was so glad!
Next time dun hesitate to change ur seats when u find suspicious characters. It is ok to stand even :P
I tink u mis-read my contents. The warning was to stangers sitting BEHIND me on the bus, not beside me.
Post a Comment