Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Strawberries!

Woo! Look at this! See how this strawberry compares to an ordinary pen!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Some vendor came to our company canteen to sell fruits today. Had a sudden craving for strawberries and saw them at $5/ box. I usually dun buy local strawberries. Rather, I usually dun buy strawberries locally. Reason being, they are sour. Not nice at all. My best strawberry experience was at Cameron last year. Cool and nice weather. Sweet-tasting strawberries that reminded me of ice popsicles. Wow.

I took up a box of strawberries on display and asked the uncle, "Are these sweet?" Dat was a real dumb question. Realised it only after asking. Wah lau. Which fruit seller would say dat their stawberries are not sweet? I wasn't really convinced with Uncle's reply though, and he could see dat. Because, he reached below his stall and pulled out another box of strawberries, and guaranteed dat they are sweet.

Of coz guarantee sweet lah. $12 for a box of 16 leh. Which goes down to $0.75 each. Siao bo? Never eaten such luxurious ones man! But they are so nice and big and looks so sweet!!!

My TL suggested dat we share a box and I happily agreed.

I enthusiatically washed one to try after lunch.

Wwwwwwoooooooooooowwwwwwwww.....

Shiok!

So sssssswwwwwweeeeettttttt..... mmmmmmm.....

It's the best strawberry I've ever tasted in my entire life! $0.75 each was more than worth man. Totally brightened up my day. It's been quite sometime since I've had such uplifting experiences with food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)~~~~