Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Chicago- 23 Apr 2007

I arrived!

The first breath of air in Chicago... wow.. not too bad at all. No wonder they always say the grass is greener on the other side. I was a little groggy from the long hours on the plane (thanks to the bad food and the outdated movies on the plane). Thank God I am on first class which enabled my legs a full stretch 100% of the time. I wouldn't have made it if I was travelling on anything lesser.

Alright, so what's the first thing you need to do when you are in good old America? RENT A CAR. Oh, a couple of things to note when renting a car- (1) Rent a GPS (it really gets you around, even though it's been tested and verified that it doesn't work in Malaysia.), (2) Rent a BIG car- you'll need it to accommodate luggage which will double in size when you're leaving. Ha. I'm speaking from experience.

After an hour on the road, we arrived at the hotel. Man, I can't wait to bathe! (Imagine not bathing for like more than 24 hours. Gosh.) Some of us didn't manage to get an executive suite because the hotel was fully booked. Yeah, I think you guys would have guessed. I AM one of those who DID NOT get it. Dai sai lah.

Second thing to do in the US? GO TO THE SUPERMARKET. For what? To get groceries! the hotel doesn't have a flask for us to boil water, the only decent looking water boiling device they have is a coffee maker, and it does live up to it's purpose. The entire machine reeked of coffee. Bought 2 gallons (approximately 6 litres) of water, 2 bottles of apple juice and 100g of assorted jelly beans. I love the supermarket here! It's like 2 times of carrefour with not even half of the crowd.

Met up with the other group who came via Tokyo in the evening for dinner at a Japanese restaurant. It was interesting watching the Teppanyaki chefs entertain us and other guests. Both food and service was good. Thanks, KW.

Great way to end the day!

No comments: