Thursday, June 02, 2005

Angel's News: As Promised


I've officially signed the letter of appointment as a PERMANENT staff of Wonderland on the 30th May 2005, 5.37pm.

With effect from 1 June 2005, I am entitled to all monetary benefits of a permanent employee and of course, the intangible asset like respect from mercenary dogs. Now I can walk in with air, no longer needing to hide my luminious yellow contractor pass like a condemned.

I'm looking forward to a round of pretentious "congrats". A good chance for disclosure of treacherous subjects around me.

Well, this would indeed bring about a lot of additional stress,
(1) other contractors in the department might attempt the "one-cry, two-create a scene, 3-hang themselves" (Yi1 Ku1 Er4 Nao4 San1 Shang4 Diao4) method to vent the unjustice. Their contracts were not even considered for extension. Impact to me would be ostracization and unprofessional tactics like making work life difficult for me.

(2) My bosses have in plan a "capacity-squeezing" strategy for me. Their challenge to me: Timely and accurate submission.


It's funny how I dun seem to want it as much now. The perks that comes with it comes with too heavy a price to pay.

Note: I could predict this FAQ coming- There is no increment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cOngrats to you all the same.. converting to perm status within 6 mths will look good on yr resume :)

Miki Domoto said...

Clap clap clap clap...COngrats Zozo.. finally ur wish come true..at least they never cheat you in the end lah... Higer power always come with higer responsibility!

Anonymous said...

Dun have...u yuan...
Have...u yuan....

Haizzz... Yuan-FULL indeed!